Lead With Security
Navigating Cyber Risks
It’s no surprise that cybercriminals are more likely to target healthcare organizations, their third-party suppliers, and patient records. Discover the biggest healthcare cyber threats and why securing your organization should be a top priority.
Healthcare continues to be highly targeted by hackers and other malicious attackers, with the trend of at least one health data breach per day continuing throughout the year.
- More than 40 million healthcare records have been exposed over the past 12 months
- 83% of breaches caused by ransomware attacks
- Ransomware attacks on U.S. Healthcare organizations cost $20.8 billion in 2020
- 89% of healthcare organizations have suffered cyberattacks over the past year
- 100 U.S. Healthcare organizations impacted by Blackbaud ransomware attack
- Healthcare institutions spend on avg. $429 per stolen record
- Data breaches cost healthcare providers on avg. $9.23 million
- Most companies’ HR departments need to adhere to the HIPAA Privacy Rule because they handle the ePHI of their employees
Compliance & Regulations
Risk & Business Impact
Predictions & Beyond