Navigating Cyber Risks
Legal professionals have access to clients’ most confidential information like intellectual property, trade secrets, business strategies, M&A and other personal matters, but securing that data from cyber criminals and hackers has become increasingly challenging.
- 61% of law firm data breaches involved the use of stolen credentials, often started with phishing emails
- In 2020, 2x as many reported law firm data breaches vs 2019
- 33% of all law firms experienced a security breach in 2020
- 34% of lawyers reported they lost billable hours as a result of the breach
- 96% of IT leaders in the legal industry believe an insider breach (EE’s and 3rd Party contractors) to be a significant risk for their organization
- 21% of law firms reported they don’t know if they’ve ever been breached, with an alarming 62% of firms of 100+ lawyers not knowing either.